A Long Island trust attorney can provide invaluable assistance in taking advantage of all of the benefits that trust creation can provide. Trust law in New York is very complicated, and it is a good idea for those who are interested in creating a trust to get appropriate legal help in determining what type of trust is right for them. Understanding the official formal process of trust creation is also very important, and an attorney can make this process easier.
If you have decided to meet with a Long Island trust attorney, there are a few things that you may want to do in order to prepare for your first meeting. While your attorney will guide you through the entire process of trust creation and will help you to create a plan, being prepared in advance for your first meeting can help you to make the most effective use of your time with a new lawyer.
Eghrari Wealth Training Law Firm knows that many people who are interested in getting legal help with trusts may not have worked with a lawyer before, or may not have a lot of experience working with an attorney. Whether this is your first time seeking legal help or whether you have sought lots of legal advice before, we will work hard to make the process of trust creation stress free and simple for you. We are good advocates for our clients because our goal is to help you accomplish your goals in a stress free and effective way. Give us a call today to find out more.
How to Prepare to Meet with a Long Island Trust Attorney
When you are preparing to meet with a Long Island trust attorney:
- Make a list of questions to ask. Sometimes, people forget their questions in their meeting with an attorney. If you have a written list of questions, you can be sure to get all of your queries answered.
- Think about what your goals are. Why do you want to create a trust? Your attorney is going to need to know this in order to help you decide what kind of trust you want to create. You will need a different type of trust if your goal is to keep your assets safe in case you want to qualify for Medicaid versus if your goal is to make sure your heirs won’t lose their inheritance to divorce or bankruptcy.
- Consider what assets you are hoping to include in your trust. Your attorney will help you to determine if you can put those assets into the trust you create.
Eghrari Wealth Training Law Firm can also provide you with other information about what you may want to do before coming in to meet with an attorney, as there may be specific steps you should take that are unique to your situation. We work hard to make sure that the process of working with our legal team is easy as you go through your estate planning and asset protection process.
Why is it Important to Get Help from a Long Island Trust Attorney?
It is important to meet with a Long Island trust attorney because there are different types of trusts to create, and different steps to create them. You don’t want to make a mistake with trust creation, as you could end up not discovering that mistake until it is too late to correct it. If your errors result in you not getting the expected asset protection or your heirs not benefitting from the trust you intended to create, you and your loved ones could experience significant financial loss.
Your attorney will help you to understand the complexities of New York’s laws on trusts and estates and we will assist with everything you need to make trusts work for you. We can also help you to use other estate planning tools that could help you to accomplish your goals.
Getting Help from A Long Island Trust Attorney
Eghrari Wealth Training Law Firm can provide you with the assistance that you need to determine if a trust is right for you, to create your trust, and to ensure that your trust provides the expected protections. To find out more about trusts and estate planning, you can join us for a free seminar. You can also give us a call at (631) 265-0599 or contact us online to speak with a Long Island trust attorney who can provide you with personalized one-on-one advice. Reach out now so we can help you to get started on trust creation and on the other steps you need to take to accomplish your estate planning goals.
- How Is Estate Planning Different for Women? - March 8, 2023
- Is It Time to Consider Guardianship? - March 1, 2023
- The Problem with Pre-Paid Funeral Plans - February 22, 2023
See Larger Map