A Long Island estate planning attorney provides invaluable assistance with the estate planning process. The estate planning process is one of the most important things that you can do for your family, and that you can do to protect yourself if you are faced with end of life issues. You need to make a plan for asset protection, for incapacity, and to determine what happens after you pass away. Since these issues are so important, you cannot afford to have just any lawyer representing you. You need an experienced attorney who has the knowledge and skill to give you the best advice.
Eghrari Wealth Training Law Firm can help you to make smart choices in making a comprehensive estate plan. Our legal team knows the ins-and-outs of making New York law work for you so you can make the type of plan you need to keep your wealth secure and take care of your family. We are prepared to answer any questions you have about the estate planning process and we try to make this process easy for you. Give us a call to find out more about how a Long Island estate planning attorney can help.
Questions to Ask an Estate Planning Lawyer
There are many different questions you should ask when hiring your estate planning lawyer to ensure that the attorney who you are going to entrust with your family’s future is up to the task. Some key questions to ask include:
- What experience do you have? You want your lawyer to have a lot of experience representing clients in estate planning in your area.
- Are you a member of any professional organizations? You should look for a lawyer who is a member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys as membership will ensure your lawyer has extensive qualifications and completes ongoing continuing education courses.
- What kinds of estate planning services do you offer? You want to make certain your estate planning lawyer provides a comprehensive array of services going beyond just make a last will and testament. Your lawyer should also offer asset protection, incapacity planning, and legacy planning in addition to basic estate planning.
- How does the process work? Your attorney should be able to explain to you what is involved in the estate planning process so you will know what to expect your attorney to offer you as you make all of your plans for your future.
Eghrari Wealth Training Law Firm can help you to understand what is involved in the estate planning process. We can also provide you with detailed information about the services that we offer you so you can feel confident that our legal team will appropriately represent you as you plan for end of life issues and for what happens after your death.
Why is it So Important to Hire The Right Long Island Estate Planning Attorney?
Hiring the right Long Island estate planning attorney is essential because there is no room for error in an estate plan. If you make your plans and it turns out your will isn’t valid or that the type of trust you made was not the right type of trust, there are no do-overs. If the error with your will isn’t discovered until after your death, it is possible your wishes won’t be respected and intestacy law will instead determine what should happen to your assets. Of course, if your asset protection plan fails, you may have no assets left to protect.
Working with an experienced attorney means you can avoid the kinds of errors that can cost you and your family everything. A knowledgeable estate planning lawyer knows how to help you to define the goals you want to accomplish and to use the right legal tools to accomplish those goals.
Getting Help from A Long Island Estate Planning Attorney
A Long Island estate planning attorney at Eghrari Wealth Training Law Firm has the knowledge and compassion to help you make hard choices and make informed decisions about end of life issues and about the estate planning process. From making sure your family is protected to securing your legacy, we can help you to accomplish all of your important goals.
Give us a call at (631) 265-0599 or contact us online to find out more about how our legal team can help you. You can also download our estate planning checklist to find out the basics of estate planning and to discover what you need to do to get started on the estate planning process.
- An Overview of Estate Planning for Blended Families - December 9, 2021
- This Veterans Pension Can Defray Long-Term Care Costs - November 23, 2021
- Can You Modify a Living Trust? - November 18, 2021