If you are creating a plan for the future which includes trusts, you ned to talk with trust lawyers. Trusts are a very powerful tool to protect your assets. Trusts can be useful to provide protection both during your life and after you are gone. However, you need to make sure you understand how different types of trusts work and what the benefits are of creating different kinds of trusts.
Mark S. Eghrari & Associates PLLC can help. Our Suffolk County trust lawyers are dedicated to providing you with the very best service possible when it comes to all of your estate planning needs.
We know trusts are often one of the most important components of your estate plan and we will make sure you understand your options. We will help you at every step, from deciding whether you need a trust to creating one that will be legally valid and that will provide the protections you expect. Give us a call today to learn more.
Why Do You Need Trust Lawyers?
There are many important reasons why you need trust lawyers. For example, you should strongly consider hiring a trust lawyer to:
- Help you determine if you need a trust. There are lots of different estate planning tools. You want to make sure a trust is the tool you should use to accomplish your desired goal. You also need to decide when to make a trust. For certain types of asset protection, like making sure you don’t lose assets because you need to go into a nursing home, making a trust earlier is better.
- Assist you in determining what type of trust you need. There are irrevocable and revocable trusts. These provide different benefits. For example, revocable trusts can give you more flexibility but won’t protect your assets in the trust from estate tax or if you need to go into a nursing home.
- Make sure the trust you create is legally valid. You have to follow formalities for the creation of a trust. Trust lawyers can assist in ensuring that you make a trust which will actually be enforced.
These are just some of the key reasons why you need trust lawyers. Trusts are such an important legal document, you cannot afford to take a chance and not make the right choices. Having an attorney helps you make sure you are using trusts correctly to protect your assets and family.
What Do Trust Lawyers Do?
Trust lawyers provide many invaluable services for anyone who is concerned about protecting their assets and heirs. Trust lawyers will:
- Help you to select the right type of trust. You don’t want to make mistakes and end up with a trust that doesn’t provide the desired protections.
- Assist with trust creation. We will help you to take the necessary steps in New York to make a legally valid trust. We will also assist in making sure you have made smart and informed choices regarding who should serve as trustee.
- Provide advice on the trust document. The trust document sets forth your instructions. We can help to make sure that you have provided all the details you need so your trustees can act in your best interests.
- Help transfer assets to the trust. You need to decide what assets should transfer and go through the formal process of making sure you change ownership of those assets. The trust should become the new owner.
- Offer assistance to trustees. Trust lawyers don’t just help trust creators. When someone is named a trustee, he or she has tremendous responsibilities to carefully manage trust assets. We can help.
- Help with trust administration. Trust administration is the process of facilitating the transfer of trust assets to new owners after a death.
Mark S. Eghrari & Associates PLLC has experience with all of these different legal matters related to trusts. If you have a question or concerns about creating a trust or about any aspect of a comprehensive estate plan, we can help.
Contact Suffolk County Trust Lawyers Today
Suffolk County trust lawyers will provide you with invaluable assistance during all steps of creating a trust. We also provide advice to trustees, trust administrators, and trust beneficiaries to make sure that you follow the proper processes for trust management and trust administration.
You can learn more about the use of trusts in a comprehensive estate plan by downloading our free estate planning checklist. You can also give us a call at (631) 265-0599 or contact us online to learn more about how an experienced lawyer can help you with trust creation.
- Three Tips to Provide Inheritance Planning Insight - June 11, 2021
- Veterans Pension Can Defray Long-Term Care Costs - June 7, 2021
- How Can a Special Needs Trust Trustee Use the Funds? - June 3, 2021